Cat Mate is one of the three brands alongside Dog Mate and Fish Mate that belong to a company called Pet Mate. Founded in 1986, Pet Mate is a manufacturer of high quality pet products which is sold in over 40 countries worldwide.
The Cat Mate Elite Microchip Cat Flap With Timer is one of the products manufactured by Pet Mate which is one of the best microchip cat flaps on the market. One of the ways how this product differentiates itself from its competitors is by having a timer function which allows you to control the times which your cat can access the cat flap, the product is also competitively priced. We’ll provide a full list of features of this product below.
Average user rating (3.8 / 5)
- Entry and exit through the cat flap is only granted to microchipped cats that you’ve programmed the cat flap to recognise.
- Can register up to 9 cats.
- Keeps any unregistered pets out.
- Compatible with 9, 10 and 15 digit microchips.
- Cats that are not microchipped can still access via Cat Mate I.D. Disc (not included).
- Timer control allows you to set times where access through the cat flap is restricted.
- Electric 4-way lock allows you to change the lock status to: Locked, unlocked, in only and out only.
- LCD display displays useful information such as: Lock status, location indicator for up to 3 cats and time since flap last used.
- Find out the whereabouts of your cat with the location indicator function (maximum of 3 cats).
- Check whether a cat has entered or exited through the cat flap and the time they last used the flap.
- Requires 4 x AA batteries (not included) which will give around 12 months use before the batteries will need replacing.
- Brush sealed flap with magnetic closure ensures draft and weatherproof seal.
Timer control – As well as being able to keep out any unwanted pets, the timer control function allows you to set the times you want to restrict access through the cat flap. You will be allowed to set one timed period per 24 hours, you can set the lock status to either locked, unlocked, in only and out only for the timed period.
This enables you to place measures and controls on your cat so you can decrease the risk of anything happening to him. For example, you can set the status to “in only” between the hours of 10pm to 6am, so if your cat is already out he can still come back in during those times but he can’t go back out.
LCD display – This microchip cat flap does have several features so it’s very handy having a LCD display as this will show what features are enabled or disabled.
Cat locator – For a peace of mind, if you’re ever worried that your cat might be missing then the cat indicator location function will tell you roughly where your cat is located, but this is not as accurate as a Cat GPS Tracker as the GPS tracker will allow you to still track the location on your smartphone.
Cat status – If you’re unsure whether your cat is indoors or outside, then you can check their status on the LCD screen, you can also check the time they last used the cat flap.
Only reads microchips for cats coming in – This is something all microchip cat flaps do, the microchip cat flap only reads microchips for cats coming in the house through the cat flap, but any cats or pets can exit to go outside through the cat flap unless it’s locked of course.
Can only store up to 9 cats – Not really an issue for most cat owners as very few will probably have more than 9 microchipped cats, but other microchip cat flaps do allow up to 30 or 32 cats to be stored in their memory. The Cat Mate 360W is a more basic model of the Cat Mate Elite but it allows you to store up to 30 cats.
- Dimensions (cm): 24.8L x 26.5H x 13.5W
- Weight: 1.3kg
- 3 year warranty.
- Cat Mate Elite Microchip Cat Flap.
- User manual.
One of the unique features of the Cat Mate Elite Microchip Cat Flap is the timer control. No other microchip cat flap on the market has this feature. This function will give you peace of mind as it allows you to have more control over your cat’s safety. You can restrict your cat from exiting through the cat flap at times where the risk of something happening to him is higher, like at night time.
In the unlikely event that you’ll have more than 9 microchipped cats at any one time, then this microchip cat flap may not be suitable as the maximum it can register is 9 cats. On the other end of the spectrum if your cat isn’t microchipped then access to the cat flap can still be granted if he wears an I.D. Disc on his collar.
Overall the Cat Mate Elite With Timer Control offers a diverse range of features that come in very handy such as the timer control and LCD screen. It’s also very competitively priced for the number of features it includes.
Average user rating (3.8 / 5)