The Cat Mate Microchip Cat Flap is one of the best selling microchip cat flaps on the market manufactured by Pet Mate. This product falls under the Cat Mate brand as you can see from the product name, which is one of the three brands owned by Pet Mate.
Unlike the Cat Mate Elite Microchip Cat Flap, this one doesn’t have as many features such as timer control or a LCD screen but despite not having those additional features the Cat Mate Microchip Cat Flap still “does the job” and it’s also very competitively priced. The two products mentioned above are from the same manufacturer but try to not get confused, one of them is the Cat Mate Elite Microchip Cat Flap and this one is the Cat Mate Microchip Cat Flap.
Average user rating (4.4 / 5)
- Entry into the microchip cat flap is permitted to microchipped cats which you have registered.
- Compatible with 9, 10 and 15 digit microchips.
- Registers up to 30 cats.
- Programming cats can be done at just a push of a single button.
- Rotary 4-way lock can simply be operated by turning the switch to the desired status (Locked, unlocked, in only and out only).
- Requires 4 x AA batteries (not included) which will last approximately 12 months.
- LED indicator flashes every 30 seconds when batteries need replacing.
- Training mode available to help your cat get use to using the cat flap.
- Non-microchipped cats can access with a Cat Mate I.D. Disc (not included).
- Cat flap can be fitted to walls or glass panels with the adapter kit (not included).
Rotary 4-way lock – The 4-way lock system can be configured to 4 different statuses: Locked, unlocked, in only and out only. This is operated by simple turning the switch located on the bottom right hand corner of the cat flap.
Use this function to more effectively control where you want your cat during certain times. For example, if it’s getting quite late and you only want to let your cat back in but you don’t want him to go back out again, then change the setting to “in only”. With the Cat Mate Elite you’re able to do this at a set time without having to manually change the setting as it has a built-in timer control.
Registers up to 30 cats – It’s unlikely that you’ll have 30 cats at any one point but there will be people out there that probably will have 30 microchipped cats. This gives much more leeway than the Cat Mate Elite which only allows you to register up to 9 cats.
Can be installed on most structures – If you prefer installing the cat flap on a glass panel or wall then the Cat Mate Adapter Kit allows you to do this. This gives you much more choice rather than being limited to just the front or back door.
I.D. Disc not as secure – Using an I.D. Disc should only be a temporary measure until you get your cat microchipped, although it is very handy to have this option but having the disc around your cats collar is not as secure as having an actual microchip inside your cat.
- Dimensions (cm): 19.7L x 24.6H x 11W
- Weight: 785g
- 3 year warranty.
- Cat Mate Microchip Cat Flap.
- User manual.
This cat flap is a more basic version of the Cat Mate Elite Microchip Cat Flap, which you won’t get some useful features included such as timer control and a LCD screen. The price difference is not really that much but if basic is all you require then this microchip cat flap the Cat Mate 360W does the job.
Quite simple to use once it’s installed, functions such as the rotary lock is quite self-explanatory, programming your cat is also quite straightforward. With very few features you shouldn’t struggle too much with familiarising yourself with this cat flap but still gain the same security benefits for your feline.
Average user rating (4.4 / 5)